Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Day 8 - Adventure *Journeying with Jesus*In Weariness*

So, at the end of a very long work week, I'm feeling a bit weary, even restless, and I'm tempted to wander from Good Shepherd's field to peek into the far pasture.  Tired and weary are the signs of discipline lacking. I've not protected myself with rest this week.

You too...a bit weary?

Even lowering my eyes from Good Shepherd for a moment too long invites doubt and fear; the liars lear and chant - inadequate, loser, failure.  Yet, Good Shepherd's tender, beckoning song penetrates deep within caught and anchored by Holy Spirit within me.  My eyes return to focus on Truth.

Where are your eyes, friend?

Though I've been rather undisciplined with sleep, I've nourished myself daily on the Manna of God's Word.  And so, through the weariness and temptation, Good Shepherd calls me by name and I choose to pray into a restful sleep... Will you pray along and rest?


  Lord, I will trust You and do what is right in Your eyes 
I will dwell in the land You have provided, and befriend faithfulness.
I will delight myself in You, LORD, 
and You will give me the desires of my heart turned toward Your heart.

I will commit my way to You, LORD; 
I will trust in You and know You will act.
You are forever true to Your promises.
You will bring forth my righteousness as light, 
and bring justice like the noonday.

I will be still before You LORD and wait patiently for You.
And I will hold fast to Your promise You will never leave me or forsake me.
You are as close to me as a whisper.

My prayer based in Psalm 37:3-7


Blessings of GREAT JOY on this amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment