Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Making it Personal * Reflections of Passion Week *

The sin, yes the stain with which I was born.  

Was I born with this mark because of my parents?  Were they marred as well?
Yes!  
I was and they were, and every single person given life all the way back to the first people created...Adam and Eve...their wretched state after the rebellion.

With the exception of ONE, The One Who was God become flesh.
Jesus, the One and Only, sent from God without sin.

The unblemished
Lamb of God.

So, yes, I was born with this stain of sin; to which I have continually added by trying to live life on my own.  You know, doin' it my way!

I did not understand the wretched nature of my sin; nor did I understand my sin (with me at birth) was as great a rebellion as that of Eve and Adam when they turned traitor against their Creator.

My great rebellion?
The great rebellion of all mankind?
Unbelief!

Nor did I even begin to contemplate the Majesty of my Maker, nor the nature of a Holy God, who in His purity and justice must cast the verdict of His wrath upon traitorous rebels such as myself. 

So, as such, I walked blindly and boldly toward my unredeemed fate...
teetering precariously on the edge of a destructive cliff.

But God...

against whom I rebelled by my unbelief, pursued me with His extravagant love and extraordinary mercy unto the day of my surrender. 

At the bottom of my personal pit, I raised my white flag and received the free gift of my 

Rescuer.

I was dead, but He has made me alive through faith!


For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23. nasb

No comments:

Post a Comment