Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Favor of the Lord: Not to be confused with “the easy life” ~ Guest Post with Barbie Swihart


Thank you, Barbie Swihart, for this wonderful opportunity to be your guest blogger.  Blessings of JOY, dear daughter of the KING!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe you've asked the Lord for a word for the new year, or maybe not.  It's become rather popular in my circle of community.  Rather than focus on a list of New Year’s resolutions, the last five years I’ve asked Holy Spirit to highlight a particular word to be my theme for the coming year.  


It's a word I use to search the Scriptures.  It's a word through which I continually ask, "Jesus, what do You want me to know?"

Each of these years has truly been an adventure with Him.  I've found this to be a faith-stretching exercise as well.  You see, Holy Spirit highlights a word already knowing all the details of the next year of my life. So, in many aspects this word for the year is much like the Lord Himself who goes before and behind and hems us in so that we are never, ever alone.

Perhaps this is why my word for 2015 (favor) has been a bit more challenging.  At first it seemed this word didn’t reconcile...continue reading.

1 comment: