Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday @ Ten...I Write Because

This Monday night almost Tuesday morning, I should be asleep.  An early alarm will shake my peaceful rest too soon.  Normally, my eyes close and sleep overwhelms me as my head simultaneously snuggles into my pillow.

Tonight though, my mind is awake.  I'm not feeling anxious.  Perhaps the short cat nap during the movie was enough to keep me alert for awhile.
So, as I clicked on Tuesday@Ten tonight, I saw KarenBeth's writing prompt from last Tuesday...I write because.

I write because...
my mind is busy
all the time
thoughts weave in and out
over and around
like the major highways of our city
thoughts, words, ideas, songs, conversations 
continuously zoom around the thoroughfares of my busy - 
sometimes overactive imagination

I write because...
it's a tool 
which enables me to organize thoughts
it's a solution
when a brain traffic jam occurs and I feel stuck
it's a peaceful pastime
bringing solace from the chaotic, fast-paced world
it's a method
I find useful for focusing, learning and even memorizing

I write because...
I feel free to express myself
I enjoy the process of stringing many words together to form meaningful expressions

I feel creative
I feel I have given a piece of myself

I write because...
words thoughtfully, prayerfully organized
allow me an opportunity to 
thank, encourage, love, greet, celebrate, teach, edify, motivate and congratulate

I write because...
my life redeemed in Christ
is His story worth telling
to honor my Savior 
and give Him all praise and honor

I want to leave behind a testimony
of a transformed life
by faith in Christ
my life written in journals and blogs
a new creation
a chosen, adopted daughter of a loving Father who is King


Yes, He's given me the words.
He's writing the story of my life
I write because...

No comments:

Post a Comment