Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

If there's an opening, vermin will make themselves at home in your house!

Especially where food, water and cozy materials for nesting are easily accessible. Guess how I know this to be true?  

Yes, Jerry and friends (most of which are now dearly departed) recently found at least one access point into our home. Once inside, they began helping themselves to the dogs' food bowls.  So, with ample food and water, and no apparent danger associated with trespassing, why wouldn't said vermin come and go as they please?  

So, where's a cat when I need one?  
Up until about two years ago, my parents' cat, Gizmo, lived with us.  At the time, I fussed at her for leaving parts of chipmunks, squirrels, mice and birds on the door step.  However,  right now I want to invite her back for a family reunion!  She, apparently, was considered a very real and present danger by the vermin of the area.

Our sons have been home throughout the Christmas/New Year holiday, and the mouse hunt actually became quite a brother bonding activity.  Various types of traps and killing mechanisms were purchased and set; prepared with night vision goggles, the two of them stayed up into the wee hours watching for vermin to appear and bait to be snatched.  

I really appreciate all our sons have done to help us rid our home of these unwelcome freeloaders!  They were highly successful; experiences were shared and much was learned.  

The greatest insight, however, has been the spiritual application from the Lord - the lightbulb moment!

Spiritually speaking, when we become complacent and leave our hearts and minds unguarded, the lies of the enemy and of this world will come in and make themselves at home.  

God's word warns us, for our good:
"be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything...stand."  Ephesians 6:10-13

For a time, we might even feel no real harm is being done, and we just might agree with the unwelcome intruders.  We need the power of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction and the Light of God's word to illuminate our hearts and minds with Truth!


Finally, this is my prayer to God; will you join me?

"O Lord, I call to You; come quickly to me.  Hear my voice when I call to You.  May my prayer be set before You like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.  

But my eyes are fixed on You, O Sovereign LORD;  in You I take refuge - do not give me over to death.  Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety." Psalm 141:1-4 & 8-10

Thank You, Lord, for being the guard around us, and for lighting our path with Your word.  For Your Glory, Lord, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment