Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Prayer for You...June 1-8, 2014

My prayer for you...and me too...this week of Pentecost

Creator, God, our Father, the One Who knows each one of Your creation through and through, infuse Your people with the boldness of Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, to do what You have asked of us in faith and to speak the truth boldly in the public square.

Jesus, You told the disciples they would follow Your example and do even greater things once You returned to the Father in heaven. (John 14:12)

Oh God, even though Peter faced ridicule, slander and persecution, even unto imprisonment and physical harm, he did not back down or run away and hide from Your calling on his life once the Holy Spirit came upon him with power on the day of Pentecost.  I too want to live all the days of my life, however many are left for me, fulfilling Your calling on my life in the power of the Holy Spirit filled up and overflowing in my life.


After Peter and John had been seized and put in jail for proclaiming the truth of Jesus' resurrection, they were brought out and questioned by rulers, elders, teachers of the law and the high priest's family.  Peter and John were asked, "By what power or what name did you do this?"

Then Peter filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people!  If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel:  It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed...Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."  Acts 4:1-12




Here am I Lord; send me! (Isaiah 6:8)  I receive into every fiber of my life and breath the dynamite power of Your Holy Spirit dwelling in me.  I believe You will do the greater things through Your Holy Spirit in me and Your Great Name, Jehovah, will be exalted!  Let me not be seen, but only Jesus be seen in me!  For Your Glory and Your Renown, I place my life in Your Hands, purified and redeemed by the blood of the Lamb...send me!  Amen.  (Isaiah 26:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment