Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

No one will ever say of me, after I'm gone to live with Jesus in my forever home, "I never saw her except she was cleaned up, dressed up and made up!  She always had it together."


I've heard those comments during a number of funeral home visitations or in conversations memorializing a dear one's life.  I'm not criticizing.  I just know that's not going to be said of me!  
And, I'm glad...because it's not who I am.


And it's not real life!  I don't have a Facebook perfect life.  I'm not an airbrushed model.  I'm not a Barbie doll either.  I'm a real human being full of real imperfections...just like all the other imperfect people I interact with on a daily basis.


To me, it is very freeing to just be who I am whether I'm soaking wet because of the rain storm that popped up while walking the dogs...
working around my house with hair pulled up and no make up...
 or dressed up pretty for a nice dinner with my man!



It's the inside that counts.  It's within me the Holy Spirit resides.  So, no matter the circumstances, I only care that anyone, should they care to look deeper, is able to look past my exterior to see Jesus' image coming more clearly into focus.

My mom always told me, "Pretty is as pretty does!"  As a child I was never quite sure what that meant.
However, I think Peter explained it well with these words...

Your beauty should not consist of outward things like elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold ornaments or fine clothes.  Instead, it should consist  of what is inside the heart with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very valuable in God's eyes.

I Peter 3:3-4 HCSB

Let's fix our eyes on Jesus....and SHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment