Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

"Everything is possible for one who believes."
Mark 9:23 (NIV)

Jesus said it...so I believe it.  Oh, I have my moments when I forget.  At times, I get so caught up in my circumstances I don't look beyond the current challenge to gaze into the eyes of my Savior.  But then, God sends a friend with a reminder; "Everything is POSSIBLE for one who believes."

As often as we are able, my husband and I find refreshment and restoration at the beach; my favorite place for a get away.  A few years ago, in a very difficult season of life, as I stood on the beach I asked the Lord for tangible evidence of His presence.  I asked, "God, if You are here with me, will You allow me to see the dolphins?"  Out of His great goodness, while I stood on the beach, I saw them - a group of dolphins gracefully arching up out of the water and then dipping under again.  I was overwhelmed by God's great love for me, and the assurance of His presence!  

I've asked for and I have seen dolphins every time I have been at the beach since that first time I made my request.  So, when my husband and I traveled recently to Arizona I wondered what the Lord would show me as a tender gift of His presence.  My dear friend, Ruth, sent me off with a blessing of experiencing God with dolphins and starfish in the desert.  I responded with my doubts regarding dolphins in the desert.  To which, my friend, full of faith, replied, "It won't surprise me if you see dolphins in the desert!" 

While in Arizona we saw many evidences of God, however, as we drove to the airport on our last morning, I looked into the sky and saw them in the clouds.  The goodness and lavish love of God to show me dolphins gracefully arching across the sky over the desert, just so that I would know for sure His presence is with me wherever I go!  

Thank You, Ruth, for reminding me...
"Everything is possible for one who believes."
Mark 9:23 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment