Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

Jesus, the Light of the world, loves to saunter 
into dark places!


Very frequently people ask me, "Where do your sons go to college?"  My answer, "Kennesaw State and Georgia Southern", and then I wait for it.

Wait.for.it.


With a smirk for emphasis, "Aha, Southern, the party school!"  To which I give my standard response, "Every school is a party school, if that's what you're looking for."

I have no intention of defending Georgia Southern University or the college town of Statesboro, GA.  Though there are over 80 churches in this small town, there's definitely an overwhelming sense of spiritual darkness on and around this rural college campus.

Soon after our youngest son began his freshman year at Southern, he met Nick Nabors of The Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ).  My husband and I took the opportunity to introduce ourselves to Nick and his wife, Ashley, on one particular visit to Statesboro.  

We were blessed by the Nabors' love for the Lord, and love for college students.  Their passion to make disciples for Jesus Christ on the Georgia Southern campus touched a tender place in our parental hearts.  It is our delight to prayerfully support the ministry of The Cru, and to pray for God to do what only He can do on this college campus.

Just recently, we received the March blog update from Nick regarding the exciting ministry currently taking place on campus.  I attached the link here, and I hope you will read the amazing and glorious work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of college students at "the party school"!  To God be the GLORY!!

Yes, Jesus, the Light of the World, loves to saunter into the darkest of venues...and redeem the lost!

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world.  Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment