Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Friday, April 25, 2014

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

Even as adults, we want to know, "Are we there yet?"

Maybe I'm the only one!  Though, in my circles, it seems I often hear people pondering out loud, "I wonder what's next?"  There's no sin in pondering the future.  In fact, it's good to ask questions, plan ahead; everyone should dream!
                                                                        
In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.
Proverbs 16:9   

But how are we handling the journey?  Are we whining in the backseat, making everyone around us, including ourselves, miserable until we get there or are we enjoying the ride, content to take in all the sights and events along the way?

Most of us, if we're honest, are traveling through life much like the family vacation of our childhood memories.  We're looking out the window wondering how much longer until the scenery changes, until we can take a break and stretch our legs, or possibly, how long until we FINALLY get to our next destination.  

You know, it's so easy to get caught up in whining while we wait!  "I wish I could just hurry up and get there!  I'm gonna' have so much fun...I'm gonna be just fine...Everything's gonna' be great...I can stop worrying...All my problems will be solved
...when I get there!" 

Learning to enjoy the journey has been a struggle for me.  In the early years of my life, I was "destination focused".  I wanted to figure out how to get from A to B as quickly and efficiently, with as little mess as possible, and then I could "be happy".  As I am advancing in years, God continues to  grow me up and slow me down, continuously, patiently pointing out the view.  He's teaching me ~ the joy is in the journey!

be content with what you have, because God has said, 
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5 

So, lately, I've been thinking the scenery on my path has been fairly consistent for quite a long time.  Frankly, the terrain has been rather desert like, and I am feeling a bit weary.  I've caught myself wondering often, "What's next?"  I've been asking the Lord almost daily, "How much longer til I get there?  And where are we going?  Is there possibly an oasis around the corner?"


Even today, as I wondered within myself, I opened a piece of chocolate.  The message on the inside wrapper...

Oh my good Papa in heaven, thank You for hearing me, and knowing me, and lovingly, tenderly answering me.  Thank You for pouring Your peace over me, and for Your reassurance - You know where I am.  Thank You for the lavish love You have poured on me, by which I am called Your daughter!  (I John 3:1)  Thankful, in Your Son's Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment