Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Prayer for You*November 23, 2014*

My prayer for you and me this Thanksgiving week...

Father, I pray we will seek JOY this week and not confuse it with happiness.  Holy Spirit fill us with understanding.  JOY comes from You and is not a result of our circumstances.

May the God of hope fill you (and me) with all joy and peace as (we) trust in Him so that (we) might  overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Jesus, we agree with You, in this world there is trouble.  We individually face all manner of tribulation, sadness, pain and loss; the daily realization our broken world was not Father's original design for His creation.
And hallelujah, Jesus, we REJOICE in the GOOD NEWS ~
(Jesus, You) have overcome the world!  John 16:33


So, it is in Your victory over sin and death, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we find JOY.  Through the Scripture words of Hebrews 12:2 we shift our definition of JOY...

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, Who for the JOY set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the Throne of God.

Holy Spirit, begin with me, and change my perspective on JOY, gratitude, and giving thanks.  I'm asking You to illuminate my understanding of the JOY set before JESUS that He would choose the cross.  I'm asking You Holy Spirit to empower my life with that kind of love, faithfulness and devotion to my Lord.

Through faith, trusting in Your Goodness, no matter the troubles of this life, we are able to live in victory this way...

  • (being continually) filled with Holy Spirit
  • speak to one another (as the family of God) in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (edifying)
  • sing and make music in our hearts to the LORD (at times an overflow and others a sacrifice)
  • always giving thanks to You, God, our Father, for EVERYTHING
  • in the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. 
Ephesians 5:18-20

My prayer for you and me this week is to receive the true meaning of JOY through the only One who can give true JOY...Amen!

Blessings of GREAT JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment