Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Prayer for You*and Me*

My prayer for you and me this week...  
(Psalm 49 & 1 Corinthians 2)

I pray this truth from God's Word will pierce as a laser into our hearts and minds, honestly revealing our motivations, our values, and the true devotion of our hearts.  

May we, children of God, live free in Spirit, the Light of Christ in us, shining into the utter darkness of our modern day Babylon.

Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all who inhabit the world:
Both low and high, rich and poor, together.

Why should I fear in times of trouble?
The iniquity of my foes surrounds me.
They trust in their wealth and boast of their abundant riches.

Holy Spirit reveal truth, bring conviction, and in turn bring repentance and change.  In relationship with You, Father, there is no condemnation because of Jesus Christ and His shed blood.  

Awaken me to idolatry...awaken Your children...the body of Christ, which is Your Church...awaken us to crush - in Your name - the idols we covet and cling to, even the most subtle and seemingly harmless.

Yet these (riches) cannot redeem a person, 
or pay his ransom to God-
since the price of redeeming him is too costly, 
one should forever stop trying...

Father, I confess the truth, I compare myself to others.  Oh the wickedness, the subtleties of comparison, "I wonder if I am better off...or healthier or prettier or more spiritual or a better wife or mom or  ______________ than _____________."  


For one can see that wise men die; 
foolish and stupid men also pass away.
Then they leave their wealth to others.
Their graves are their eternal homes,
their homes from generation to generation,
though they have named estates after themselves.
But despite his assets, man will not last; 
he is like the animals that perish.

Father, I repent and ask forgiveness for lacking the gratitude to appreciate who I am and where I live and what You have given me to do for work and for the furtherance of Your Kingdom!  

Father, forgive me for always wanting more when You have given me EVERYTHING through Jesus Christ, His shed blood, His burial and His resurrection - You have given me LIFE!

This (death) is the way of those who are arrogant, 
and of their followers, 
who approve of their words.

But God redeems my life
from the power of hell
for He will take me.

A man with valuable possessions, 
but without understanding
is like the animals that perish.
Psalm 49 HCSB

I receive Your forgiveness with JOY and GLADNESS because of Your mercy.  
I receive Your healing from the inside out as You redeem my thinking.  

Thank You, my God, for being All Consuming Fire Who burns away the impurities, the lies, the wrong thinking so destructive and unproductive for Kingdom work!  

But it was to us that God revealed these things by His Spirit.  For His Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets.  
No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit.
And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), 
so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
1 Corinthians 2:10-12 NLT

Thank You Holy Spirit for Your power to live and serve out of a renewed mind - the mind of Christ!
For Your Glory, LORD, for Your GLORY! 
Amen!!



No comments:

Post a Comment