Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Who Doesn't Love a Parade?

Thanksgiving morning, as a child, I looked forward to watching the grand Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  I would lounge in the floor in front of our big console television anticipating the floats and balloons while enjoying the aroma of turkey and stuffing cooking. I imagined what it would be like to be standing along the path of the parade in New York City.



While I don't lounge about watching the parade anymore, I do like to have it playing in the background so I can hear the sounds of the parade as I cook and prepare for the Thanksgiving meal.  I still wonder what it would be like to experience the parade live.  Maybe, one day.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade culminates with the arrival of Santa in a sleigh. Children wait and watch through the entire parade anticipating the arrival of Santa. He's the Grand Finale, and the countdown to Christmas begins!


Today I read Psalm 68, and my mind imagined the scene - the most majestic parade of all.   I wonder if you will invite Holy Spirit and the Word to paint a vivid picture in your imagination.

What would it be like to be standing along this parade route witnessing this scene live and in person?  Can you imagine the excitement...waiting...standing on tiptoes trying to catch a glimpse of Him...The King?

Your procession has come into view, O God,
the procession of my God and King into the Sanctuary.
In front are the singers, after them the musicians; 
with them are the maidens playing tambourines.
Praise God in the great congregation; 
praise the LORD in the assembly of Israel.

Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, 
sing praise to the Lord, 
to Him who rides the ancient skies above, 
who thunders with mighty voice.
Proclaim the power of God, 
whose majesty is over Israel, 
whose power is in the skies.

You are awesome, O God, in Your sanctuary; 
the God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. 

Praise be to God!

Psalm 68:24-26 & 32-35 

No comments:

Post a Comment