Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dear One*Five Minute Friday*

When I first began attending a Kay Arthur Bible study, Lord, Is It Warfare?, I heard her, Kay Arthur by way of video, address a whole audience of people, "Dear one..."  

I thought that was odd.  

Why would she call me, "Dear one"?  She didn't know me, so how could she refer to me with such a term of endearment?  I actually felt she was not being sincere!

Kay Arthur was not the problem.  I was...or rather, my lack of understanding of my true identity in Christ was the problem.  Quite a few years later, after the light bulb of GRACE came on in my head and my heart, I began to ask the Lord for healing in my identity.  


I read Ephesians chapter 1 with renewed vision and understanding. The eyes of my heart were being enlightened so that I began to know the hope to which He has called me, the riches of my glorious inheritance in the saints.  (Ephesians 1:18 NIV)

Though I had read them before, particular descriptive words popped off the pages of my Bible.  I wanted to know, "Lord, are these words for some of your people...your favorites?  Or, is it possible, these words are for me too?"

I heard a speaker, somewhere along the way, prompt me to read this passage with my name inserted in exchange for every pronoun in the passage.  So, I tried it out.  

As I read these words as descriptors of my name, my heart was overwhelmed with JOY and gratitude.  The word of God was transforming my understanding of my true identity.

Lies were being replaced with truth.  My heart and my mind began to comprehend...
I am blessed.
I am chosen.
I am holy.
I am blameless.
I am loved.
I am redeemed.
I am forgiven.
I am a receiver of grace.
I am marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit.

Later, I attended a women's conference, in which Kay Arthur was one of the speakers.  She addressed us as, "Dear ones...", and I didn't cringe.  I had come to understand her reason for addressing us as such.  

In Christ, we are dearly loved and accepted.  Therefore as members of God's family we should indeed refer to one another, through our true identity, with terms of endearment.

Yes, dear one, in Christ you are blessed, chosen, holy, blameless, loved, redeemed, forgiven, a receiver of grace, and marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit!  Receive this truth as your true identity in Jesus Christ, dear one, for His Glory! 

Blessings of GREAT JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment