Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Monday, December 15, 2014

JOY*Week*Advent

Reflections on JOY this third week of Advent.

Preparing for the coming of the King.

Standing on tiptoes...expectant...anticipating His arrival.


You love Him (Jesus Christ), though you have not seen Him.  And though not seeing Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious JOY, because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I Peter 1:8-9

The celebration of the coming of our King makes this a JOYous season...just this simple fact alone! The JOY of this Christmas season is not dependent on my current life circumstances.

Perhaps we (Charlie Brown, Cindy Lou Who, and I) are not the only ones wondering if it's even possible to celebrate Christmas in this current season of feeling a bit less than exuberant.  So, here we smack face first into the importance of truth - the inestimable value of God's Word sewn often in the furrows of our hearts and minds.


The reason for our rejoicing with inexpressible and glorious JOY...
we are receiving the goal of our faith...
we are receiving the greatest gift...
the salvation of our souls.

This Christmas season JOY is possible because my eyes are focused on the One through Whom I receive the greatest gift.  How about you, my friend, is JOY possible in light of or despite your circumstances?  Are you able...even willing...to pray with me?

Jesus, I love You, though I have not seen You.  And though I have not yet seen You, I believe You and I am filled with inexpressible and glorious JOY because I am receiving the goal of my faith, the salvation of my soul.
Thank You, Jesus.
Amen.

Blessings of GREATEST JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment