Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What does HOPE look like when...*Psalm 69*

What does HOPE look like when these desperate words form your prayer?

Save me, O God,
for the flood waters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire;
I can't find a foothold.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes are swollen with weeping,
waiting for my God to help me. (v.1-3 NLT)




Reading this I feel the pain, my fists clinch with the sense of desperation, and I recognize the physical response to such anxiety.  I've felt choked and drowning in my own tears.  I've cried out to God in the deep dark middle, "If You don't show me something...anything of Your presence...I'm not going to make it!"


Did Mary experience these feelings?  Surely she felt a bit anxious...in the moment...in labor...needing to see Father provide a way...a place.  Yes, Mary knew the favor of God.  She had received a personal visit from an angel - God's personal messenger.  And yet, didn't there seem to be a disconnect between God's promises and her circumstances?



Have you been here?  Do you currently live here?  I've been in this place in a season or two.  I've camped out here during holidays...the Christmas season...more than once.  It's a hard place...reflecting back to a young couple traveling a long distance with a baby's birth imminent, and private shelter seemingly non-existent for all their seeking.



I personally know quite a few people who are really hurting in this Christmas season.  They are swallowed up in grief and pain and tears and questions too hard to utter.  So, where is HOPE...in the middle...in the dark?


The humble will see their God at work and be glad.
Let all who seek God's help be encouraged.
For the LORD hears the cries of the needy;
He does not despise His imprisoned people.

Praise Him, O heaven and earth, 
the seas and all that move in them.
For God will save Jerusalem
and rebuild the towns of Judah.
His people will live there 
and settle in their own land.
The descendants of those who obey Him will inherit the land, 
and those who love Him will live there in safety. (v. 32-36 NLT)






Do you see it?  Are you catching a glimpse?  Our HOPE is Him - God, our King.  He is our Creator and the One Who saves us!  He's coming...and when He comes, we will dwell with Him in safety and in peace!

"Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me.  Then the Lord you are seeking will suddenly come to His Temple.  The messenger of the covenant, whom you look for so eagerly, is surely coming, " says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. (Malachi 3:1 NLT)

"He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon!'  Amen!  Come, Lord Jesus!"  (Revelation 22:20 NLT)

Yes, stand on your tiptoes...anticipate His coming.  Our King is coming and He won't be late!


Blessings of GREATEST JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment