Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Friday, December 6, 2013

This Week's Lightbulb Moment

With God, everything means no less than ALL.

One weekend night when I was a youngster, I was given the great responsibility of ordering the pizza meal for the family.  My mom explained the process, "It's easy!  Just call Steve's Pizza, and tell them you want to order a large pizza with everything for pick up."


I gathered my courage, dialed the number and stated our order; just as my mom coached me.  The voice on the other end asked an unexpected question, "Is that everything with anchovies?"


I returned the question, "Does an everything pizza include anchovies?  I'm supposed to order a large pizza with everything."


We drove to Steve's to pick up our large pizza with everything.  Once we arrived home and opened the pizza box, my parents groaned, "Ohhhhh, they put anchovies on this pizza!"  All eyes turned to me, "Did you order anchovies?"


"Well yes, I asked for a large pizza with everything.  Everything included anchovies."  The pizza was terribly salty though we picked off as many anchovies as possible.  From then on, I was reminded, "everything except anchovies!"


I like to have everything I like without any of the things I don't like.  God, though, when He says everything, He means all that is best for me according to His good plan.

In light of this revelation, I am pondering two "everything" scriptures tonight...  

Moreover we know that to those who love God, who are called according to His plan, everything that happens fits into a pattern for good.
Romans 8:28 (Phillips)

His (God's) divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him Who called us by His own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3 (HCSB)

In God's Kingdom, everything means all...including the anchovies, which I would rather do without.  Thank You Lord for saying what You mean and meaning what You say.  You are trustworthy!
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment