Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 31 - Passionate*Pioneer*Adventure*Journeying with Jesus*

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want.

Years after shopping carts and velcro, I found myself at home, alone, in my quiet time chair while everyone else was gone to work and school.  The perfect storm had converged over my life - the winds of change I wrote about in Day 29.


He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
He leads me beside quiet waters,

I was laid off from my job, and so on this particular day I had nowhere to go.  I had been running, spinning, and working so hard to try and keep everything together and moving in the right direction, and suddenly I was still.  I had no schedule, no alarm, and all was quiet.


He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

I sat in that quiet time chair in my pajamas with my Bible, a journal and a pen for almost a whole day.  I had no words, quite uncommon for me.  So, I listened in the silence.  I needed to hear my Shepherd call my name.


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I was feeling very lost - off course.  Suddenly, I realized I had been wandering for a long time.  I had been distracted by all the sights and sounds.  Voices called from every direction; an opportunity over here, and a great idea over there.  Distractions, enticements...I followed watching, trying, hoping to find the best stuff of life.


I will fear no evil, for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

And then I heard Him...
Good Shepherd whispered my name deep within my heart.  He reminded me of my young wandering seed and the choice...velcro or the cart.  The wandering seed was me too.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, 

Over the next several months I attended a prayer class - listening prayer - at my church.  (I was only available to go to the class because I didn't have a job during those months.  When the class ended I started a new job!)


You anoint my head with oil;

During this class, practicing listening prayer, I began to hear Good Shepherd calling me from my desert wanderings.  He called me by a new name, "Passionate Pioneer". Good Shepherd was calling me to follow Him, velcroed to His side, out of the desert and into a new land of abundant life with Him!  


my cup overflows.

I wanted to follow.  I was afraid at first.  However, it was Good Shepherd's call, "Passionate Pioneer, come and follow me.  I'll take you on the adventure of a lifetime, beyond your wildest imagination, if you'll choose to journey with Me!", which was utterly irresistible...a cup of cold water for my dry and crusty heart. 


Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

In the quiet, stillness of the cart, I spoke up, "Oh Good Shepherd, I want to be velcroed to Your side.  Thank You for searching me out.  Thank You for calling my name with JOY, and thank You for velcro."

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23



Thank You, new and old friends, and family for sharing the journey over these 31 days.  Thank you for your encouragement, for reading along, and most of all to STFM for putting up with all the long nights of typing and leaving "the stuff" undone!  

I'm so grateful for all you fellow sojourners; it's so much more fun to adventure on the journey together - arm in arm - on tiptoes of anticipation to see the greatness of our King!     


Blessings of GREAT JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus! 
Lisa        


No comments:

Post a Comment