Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

FiveMinuteFriday::Keep

www.katemotaung.com

With this post I am participating in Five Minute Friday with Kate Motaung.  This is a wonderfully creative writing exercise, which has become a writing highlight of my week.  On Thursday night, when I realized I missed the deadline for the previous FMF because I waited too long (word prompt last week was "wait"), I saw the new prompt is the word "keep".

Five Minute Friday is an opportunity to take the word prompt, set a timer for five minutes and then just write - no editing, no re-writes, no re-dos.  So, let me tarry no longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep

Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace" 
I chose to memorize this wonderful promise of God a couple years ago because I needed peace.  I wanted peace in my life.  I wanted my life to be governed, defined, filled with a peace beyond understanding.

This is a conditional promise of God.  He will keep in perfect peace the one (me) whose mind is steadfastly focused on trusting Him.  So, my part is to focus with my mind on God and when I focus my mind on Him, I am able to trust Him.  And then as I do my part of focusing and trusting, God is faithful to KEEP me in perfect peace!

Immediately my memory zooms in on a night almost 22 years ago...March 13, 1993.  I was in a birthing room with my husband by my side, and it was wonderful.  We were about to meet our second child.  

Yet everything was strange and unfamiliar.  We were in a different hospital.  And the doctor, well, I was meeting him for the first time while I was being made ready for delivery.

This doctor I just met, bent down and got eye to eye, nose to nose with me so that I could focus on his question.  "Do you want a natural childbirth?"  I told him yes.  He took off, and I got busy with contractions.

My dear husband was there sitting next to the bed holding my hand.  He was there, but I was struggling to persevere as each contraction grew in intensity.

Suddenly, the doctor came from out of nowhere.  He grabbed my unsuspecting husband and pushed his face toward me until he and I were nose to nose.  This wonderful wise doctor told my husband...

"Get in there where she can focus only on you, and tell her over and over and over, 'you can do this'.  That's your job tonight.  She'll do the rest."

I've never forgotten that picture of focus.
I will focus my mind on God and trust Him to lead me through...and He is faithful to KEEP me in perfect peace!


Blessings of GREATEST JOY on your amazing journey with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment