Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Seek First the Kingdom of God - Lent Lessons

But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.
Matthew 6:33 hcsb

Seek first...God...in His Kingdom and His righteousness.  This very familiar verse hit it's target this morning.  The target of my heart still trying to grasp the true meaning of faith.

Faith being the reality of what is hoped for.
Faith being the proof of what is unseen.
Hebrews 11:1

It's so interesting; this Lent season is meant to draw me into the gospel message.
This Lent season is meant to focus my eyes on Jesus...His finished, complete, work of the cross.  His enough for us.

Good news!
Seeking above all else...God.
How do I do that?
Faith eyes.


Faith eyes seeking for God in His Kingdom believing He is good and knows all about my need.  Believing, in this focus on truth, He and His righteousness are all I truly need.

But I see, in this very familiar Scripture, the truth; God knows me.
He knows what takes my focus from Him.
He knows what distracts.
It's the visible stuff of life.  It's "these things".

So on this 6th day of my Lent journey, I am reminded (again) to 
I am reminded to seek Him first, and His Kingdom and His righteousness.
I am reminded to seek what I truly need...Him.

And my Father, being good and faithful and righteous and loving, will provide all I need in this temporal life.  I have need, truly I do!
No worries.  He knows.
He promises He will provide.
And first of all, God provides Himself, His Kingdom and His righteousness.

For Your Glory, Jesus, I take up my cross and follow You another day.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment