Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Wake Up, Wake Up....Take up your cross and carry on...

Wake Up by All Sons & Daughters

Lent - Day 3

Today I listened to this song, Wake Up (by All Sons & Daughters).  I've counted this as one of my favorites lately.  However, listening today, the words of the chorus clung to my ears until my focus was on the meaning.

I listened to this song three times consecutively this afternoon.  And on this third day of Lent, I decided these words will be my anthem as I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and journey toward Resurrection Day.

So Wake up
Wake up, wake up
All you sleepers
Stand up
Stand up, stand up
All you dreamers
Hands up
Hands up, hands up
All believers
Take up your cross
And carry it on.

Here we stand our hearts are Yours
Not our will but Yours be done.

And Jesus called (to Him) the throng with His disciples and said to them, 
"If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself
(forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests)
and take up his cross, and 
(joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party)
follow with Me (continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me).
Mark 8:34 AMP



No comments:

Post a Comment