Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 3 - Adventure *Journeying with Jesus*

So, on this third day of writing adventure, we’ve actually embarked on one.  My husband,  STFM (sun-tanned feet man) and I, we’re taking our young pups, Liberty and Nole, to the beach for the first time!


The question circling my mind, in an endless loop this day, “What’s the definition of adventure?”  Simultaneously, I ponder an answer…(Adventure) is in the eye of the beholder.  
This particular day adventure is trying something new in the realm of travel.  Visiting the beach is a favorite, however mix in the unknown factors of two very energetic terriers, and well, we've got an adventure in the making!



Many times it's in the midst of trying a new thing, we learn that we define adventure quite differently.  I tend to be the idea person...the visionary.  The details and practicality don't seem to interfere with my "great ideas"!  In general, I’m much more spur of the moment, and increasingly so since my Jubilee birthday.

Commit your activities to the LORD, and your plans will be achieved.

STFM likes adventure once he’s in it, and especially looking back.  He effectively operates out of the wonderful and necessary gift of administration.  For STFM, the thrill of adventure is sometimes experienced in the planning phase.  I think we operate best when I dream big and give him the fulfillment of pulling it off!   



Though at times the planning and organizing frustrate my impulsive streak, I know that without STFM I would be out on the pioneer trail without a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Yes, I’ve learned - maybe the hard way - to embrace the value of his God 
gifted-ness knit together with mine!

Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts...A cord of three strands is not easily broken.

So, here we are at the beach, our favorite relaxation place, with our young pups.  They've been amazingly calm and cooperative.  Arriving safe and sound in Florida, we've spent several hours exploring sand, shells, birds and waves.  Though the pups are afraid of the water chasing after them, the LORD has blessed us with a delightfully relaxing weekend.  We each did our part to get here!



So, as we wrapped up our night walk, a shooting star blazed across the dark sky over the ocean, and I was reminded of this truth...


Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us - to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.

Blessings of GREATEST JOY on our amazing adventure with Jesus...today!
Lisa



Proverbs 16:3, Ecclesiastes 4:9 & 12, Ephesians 3:20 HCSB

No comments:

Post a Comment