Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 15 - Adventure * Journeying with Jesus *Praising In His Courts*


So, on this 15th day of adventure in writing, my first waking thoughts were these...

Enter His gates with thanksgiving 
and His courts with praise 

I quickly dressed to walk dogs before sunrise, and as we stepped into the morning dew I was struck by the reality of Fall.  The air was chilled and crisp.  We hurried along - they enjoying the brisk air and smells, but I was anxious to return to the warmth of our home.  Oh why didn't I grab my jacket?

You see, thanksgiving and praise are not my first thoughts when I feel winter pressing in.  In fact, I am most likely to grumble about cold, wind, gray skies and a lack of sunshine.  
They say we live in the South, but for the girl who grew up in South Florida; we definitely live in the North!

Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise; 

As I settled into my quiet time place on the couch with my steamy cup, I began to search the psalms for this passage.  I found it - Psalm 100; I'm praying it through, making it my own, and seeking the heart of Jesus for understanding.

Yes, LORD, it's cold outside and the days are far shorter already...mostly cloudy and wet, but I want to choose to enter Your gates with thanksgiving and Your courts with praise.  Keep reminding me to run to You and stay close in Your Light and Warmth!

Shout for JOY to the LORD all the Earth - and Lisa!
Worship the LORD with gladness
Come before Him at His Throne and sing to Him a JOYFUL song.

Know that the LORD is GOD.
He made me and I belong to Him!
I am His girl...His lamb...

I will enter His gates with Thanksgiving.
I will enter His courts with Praise.
I will give thanks to Him and Praise His Name....on cloudy days as well as sunny, and on cold days as well as warm.

For LORD, You are good, and Your Love endures forever.
Your faithfulness continues through ALL generations!

Psalm 100

Blessings of GREAT JOY on this amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment