Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 22 - Daggers Which Strike at the Heart of the Enemy - Part 3

So, on this Day 22 of 31, it's Wednesday. 
(AKA Hump-day - Did you just think of the camel asking, "What day is it?")  

For all 26+ years of our marriage, Wednesday has been dubbed SN/GTBEN, which stands for - 
sandwich night/go to bed early night.  Therefore, in honor of SN/GTBEN, I am posting a reflection of Scriptures, so I can go to bed early!

While I'm focusing in on particular life Scriptures, I value the whole counsel of the Word of God.  I profess all Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16)

 As I have been pondering my testimony, especially this week, Father has highlighted for me particular Scriptures.  Some were revealed to me in the earliest years of my rescue as truths to be memorized.  I consider these Scripture passages to be daggers, essential weaponry, in my arsenal and necessary for resisting the devil.

In Part 2 of my testimony, Up and Out of the Pit (my post from Day 21), my great-grandma Becky spoke these words to me in a dream...
"God loves you and He has a great plan for your life..."
At the time, I had no idea these words were documented in the Bible, however, years later I recognized the Scripture references.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.  
John 3:16 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV 



There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
I John 4:18

Trust in the LORD with (my) whole heart and lean not on (my) own understanding.  In all (my) ways acknowledge Him and He will make (my) path straight.
                                                    Proverbs 3:5-6

Psalm 139
(in particular v.5, 13-16)
You hem me in - behind and before; 
you have laid Your hand upon me.

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my
mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and 
wonderfully made; 
Your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the
depths of the earth, 
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.

If (I) confess (my) sin, (the Lord) is faithful and just and will forgive (my) sin and purify (me) from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9

I am so grateful to God for loving me (and you) so much, He sent His Son from His Heavenly Throne to earth to wear the flesh of man.  Father sent Him to be our Rescuer; He is my Rescuer! 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.
 We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-2, 14



Blessings of GREATEST JOY on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment