Thank YOU!

Thank you for the gift of your time today. My prayer is each time you stop to visit you are blessed with truth, and encouraged to keep going ~ one foot in front of the other, chin up ~ simply because you've been reminded you are on the road to VICTORY!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 7 - Adventure *Journeying with Jesus*Making A List*


So, on this adventure in blogging - day 7, I'm trying something new.  I want to make a LIST of adventures from my personal experience journeying with Jesus, and in the process, my goal is to broaden your definition of adventure.   



Webster's offers a fairly concise definition of adventure, yet adventure means something different to everyone of us.  We run the word through our individualized filters of personality, beliefs, and personal experience; subsequently feelings of every sort are attached to Webster's simple definition.


Adventure (according to Webster's online dictionary)
1. a)  an undertaking usually involving danger and unknown risks
   b)  the encountering of risks
2.  an exciting or remarkable experience

I'm feeling fairly confident just reading the definition evoked some feelings and memories - some good, and possibly some not so wonderful.

Yet each memory, each adventure is a part of our story.  And if we're real honest, no matter the adventure, the experience helped to shape  who we are today.  Just reading the definition reminds me of how Jesus has redeemed my sense of adventure.


He's called me up and out of my comfort zone, and invited me to walk with Him wherever He leads.  And thankfully, I've said yes, to the adventure of a lifetime journeying with my Shepherd and learning to trust His goodness, His plan and His love!



So, here's some of the highlights of my ADVENTURE list so far:


Empty Nest

Marriage Revival

Doing It Scared (everything)

Coffee Mondays (girlfriends on the back porch)

Israel

Jubilee Birthdays (His & Mine)

Between Aging Parents and Grown Sons

Reclaiming A Prayer Room

Disappointments & Do-0vers

Spring Break at the beach - no reservations

Coaching Boys to Men

Grand Canyon

It's Not Just a Job, It's an ...

Women's Bible Study in the Basement Hideaway

Meeting Neighbors - Rebuilding Community

And....what's next?

The sheep hear His voice, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out...He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice.
John 10:3-4

So, what do you think?  
Would you dare create a list of adventures from your own journey?  
I pray the experience might possibly broaden your definition of ADVENTURE.


Blessings of GREAT JOY on this amazing journey with Jesus!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment